Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Reuben Soup



I wanted to share this delicious recipe from Carole Brown.

She kindly invited me to her church for a soup luncheon and everyone told me I had to try Carole's soup. I was lucky there was some left! It was a favorite and went fast. 

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


Ingredients:

1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour ( unsifted)
3 cups water
 4 teaspoons Beef flavored bouillon
1/2 pound shredded corned beef
1 cup drained sauerkraut ( squeeze out all the liquid)
3 cups half and half
12 ounces shredded Swiss cheese ( 3 cups)


Directions:

Cook onion and celery in butter until soft. Gradually add in flour adding water and bouillon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer. Uncover for 5 minutes

 Add remaining ingredients and cook for 30 minutes until slightly thicken. stir frequently.



                The lovely Carole and her delicious soup 

2 comments:

  1. Carole is such a sweet looking Lady. The soup is sure different. I will try this. Thank you Linda for posting this.I miss seeing Max . I pray he is doing well. Give him a hug from a all of us..Hugs to you also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds so good !!!! Reuben is one of my favorite sandwiches. I must try this soup. It will be a good way to use the leftover corned beef from St. Patty's Day. Thank you Carole and Linda, this is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete