Sunday, January 28, 2018

French Egg Drop Soup


I saw this recipe on Simple Living and Eating and knew I had to make it.

The only thing I changed in the original recipe was the salt. I didn't add. The soup is delicious and I sure didn't miss it.

Ingredients:

4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
 8 cloves of garlic minced   
1/8 teaspoon dried sage
1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme
 4 green onions chopped
 2 carrots chopped small 
1/4 cup of fresh parsley chopped
1 teaspoon of pepper 
1 bay leaf
 8 cups of chicken broth * Homemade
6 egg yolks beaten 
1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese grated

Directions:

1- To chop the carrots I added them to the food processor and pulsed a few times. 

2- Heat oil in a large sauce pan and add the carrots, thyme, scallions, pepper and sage.

3- Stir regularly when the vegetables start to soften add the garlic. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes. Do not let the garlic brown.

4-Add chicken broth, bay leaf and bring to a boil.

5-Lower the heat to a simmer. Continue simmering for an additional 10 minutes until vegetables are completely soft.  Slowly whisk in egg yolks and add Parmesan cheese.

5 comments:

  1. This is something new for me. But I have to admit it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I made this quite awhile ago but I remember that we loved it.

      Delete
  2. I love my home made egg drop soup. I indeed will try this Linda. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this one. It looks so pretty but you know me and eggs, I wouldn't eat it. You sure have the pretty plating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party! Hope the rest of your wee is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete